Gatherings, Workshops, and Well Being Services
Join us in the North Carolina Smoky Mountains (an easy drive from Atlanta, GA, Asheville, NC and Greenville, SC) for Labyrinth Walks, workshops, private instruction and more. We also offer on-line classes, including our Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning program designed for anyone, anywhere, who teaches Adults in a workshop or classroom setting
Services at the Welcome Center
Stop in Wed—Fri afternoons to receive Free Instruction in Mindfulness Meditation from Dr. Jill.
Schedule an appointment for
* Polarity Therapy—$65.00
Dr. Jill Henry, EdD. PT, APP has over 40 years experience teaching metaphysics and practicing Energy Body Integration techniques. Author of upcoming book Well-Being from Llewellyn Publishers and owner of the Park and Center.
* Energy Body Integrations
For remote sessions please sign up and pay using the button below.
Shamanic Astrologer Silvianne K. Delmars will be with us on Thursdays from 12-5 pm for mini intro astrology readings (full readings by prior arrangement). We welcome her to Otto, NC!
Come get a quick snapshot of your
- Current Goddess/God,
- and Future Mystery School archetypes
($35.00) – or just stop in and say hello!
Silvianne has been sharing her gifts as an intuitive reader since 2003 and became a certified Shamanic Astrologer since 2007.
Training as a Shamanic Priestess completed in 2004.
Master of Liberal Arts degree in Creation Spirituality from The Naropa Institute, 1999.
Her Mission is to act as a cosmic change agent at this unprecedented time of planetary transition. I truly believe that each of us has courageously chosen to be here on Earth at the ending and beginning of this 26,000 year cosmic cycle, and that we long to follow the path of our deepest soul destiny to help seed the living future.
More events are coming soon.
Events in the Welcome Center by appointment.
- Meditation Instruction and General readings are drop in
- Past Life Regression and Remote Energy Body Balancing. By appt. over the phone.
Call 888-773-2491 for further information or contact us!
Earth Bag Pavilion
Where the Pavilion Stands as of March, 2022.
Hi, my name is Jill Henry, and the photo you see is me standing in front of an Earth Bag pavilion in Otto, NC, in 2019 that my husband, Charlie, and I started building. We were excited about offering people a primitive, sheltered building for concerts, workshops, meditation at the Labyrinth Park in Otto, NC.
- Thank you for sharing your space with us. We came from Baton Rouge and Atlanta to experience your sacred place. Now we will carry this energy to others. Glenda.
- I’ve never walked a labyrinth of moss – such gentleness, such care. The bees, hungry, everywhere. The flowers, producing. The water flowing. Our lives and loves unfolding. Our deepest selves, honored here. Thank you. P.F.
- A calming and peaceful experience. I smiled nonstop! I appreciate the sharing of such a lovely place. Katharine
- Hi, my name is Amanda. This is my first time here. it was great. I loved every thing very peaceful. Love the sound of water.
- Today I brought my younger children and one of their friends. They bring so much life energy it is often difficult to stop and reflect, but this is oan ideal place to do so! Blessings to all who come to this place seeking wisdom and serenity. Mother Earth needs us! Retia.
- With every step I felt this burden of my human body dissipate as my spirit was filled with the blessings of God. Thank you
- I did a prayer walk in the Labyrinth, blessing myself and everyone I could think of. I prayed for true love and I felt sweet peace here. The wind whispered her answer… Yes, my prayers were heard here. To the caretakers of this place, may you be blessed! Lauren
- Pondering the mystery of the Resurrection, I look around me and see resurrection every where. All of nature is coming to life again. So may it be for everyone who comes here. from Asheville
- I arrived here full of anger towards my daughter. Halfway on, I saw the pink quartz stone lying on the “patience” rock, and held it until I returned. I feel much calmer now and enriched in spirit. ready to go back and face my obstacles with grace and love. Thank you for a gentle respite. Elyse
- Blessed Be to this magical space – receiving my love and returning me to me self my family my world – my niece was born this morning at dawn and I joyously celebrate her birth and the birth of this new beginning – welcome Dannella.
- walked alone, but really with many. Thank you for sharing. Christy
- We have been coming here for many years (anniversaries, valentines day, etc). Today we brought our granddaughters for the first time. They love it. Thank you for this. Bill & Becky.
- Dear Jill and Charlie, We found a winged messenger – he is a fly. We also found a amethyst. This is such a beautiful place! Thank you for making such a wonderful place for everybody to share. Signed, Marissa (& Mama)
- Enjoyed our wedding here. It was peaceful and thank you for letting us have it here. We will be back.
- The peace that hath come shall dwell within my mind and ot its work within my breast. My thanks for all, and to all. I shall never forget the cool breeze that caressed me upon my entrance, or the resolution gifted me upon my exit. Carley, Greensboro, NC
- Repair some walls that have settled during the past year empty.
- Finish the cobbing/sealing of the earthbags inside and out. It’s labor-intensive as the diameter of our building is 36 feet and the walls are 8 to 10 feet high. Cobb has to be applied by hand inside and outside, then dried, then a coating of some sort of sealer, usually a limestone mix is applied again to both inside and outside. Since we can not do it, because there is no we, I need to hire help. I’ve found a builder but he is waiting on money for supplies and a crew. The whole thing could be cobbed within 2 weeks with the right crew. (put first layer on, wait a week to dry, then apply the second layer.)
- After cobbing, the plywood floor needs covered with tiles? carpet? in the path of a labyrinth so visitors with disabilities or visitors in bad weather can still walk a labyrinth.
- Glass windows need to go in, and the back door leading to a storage building needs built. The storage building has been lying inside the pavilion for a year.
- A small solar energy generator for inside lighting
- The minimum estimate for materials and man/woman power is $15,000.
- And if my a miracle we receive more than requested, the money will go for chairs and cushions and things that will make participants more comfortable when attending a function within the pavilion.
I know its up to me now that Charlie’s gone, to find a way to preserve and park and complete the pavilion.
I know I cannot do this without help. Your help.
1. Donate to My GoFundME campaign.
2. Send energy to the Park and Pavilion, that it may be completed with ease and used by many in their search for happiness and well being.
June 2021 Update
Finished or not, we are beginning programs in the Earth Bag Pavilion at the Otto Labyrinth Park in July, 2021. We started building summer of 2019. Got the roof on and the walls up. But did not get the earth bags cobbed (covered with mud/straw and then lime/straw). 2020 was not a great year for anyone. Charlie, my husband, was dealing with health problems and transitioned into the Light last year. It rained all spring, summer, and fall, so whatever cobbing/mudding we did fell off the walls. And COVID prevented any group help.
Today Rod, our builder and Master Beekeeper and Socrates, who recently moved here from Sedona (see bottom left photo) are finishing the decking required to get into the building. It is huge inside, and cool, and organic and earthy and loving. And unfinished. In July, 2021 we will start offering Community Drumming Circles and what programming we can do in the unfinished space.
During this summer we are seeking financial or physical volunteers to help us complete the building. Rod is a Master carpenter and wood has gone up 300% from last year. Financial help would be greatly appreciated so we can frame in, screen, and build shutters for the windows. All we have now is a door we purchased last year! Your donations through PayPal will be put to good use! We are looking for either physical bodies or financial donations to pay for hired labor, to complete the cobbing of the walls inside and outside. We want to “seal” the walls before another winter. Contact Jill at Mountain Valley Center, 828-369-5698 to be placed on a volunteer list. Or donate at PayPal:
When finished, we see the Pavilion providing shelter for programs ranging from drumming to children’s rock painting, harp concerts to bluegrass bands, weddings to family reunions, sound healing to self-healing events. Any group who appreciates nature, the forest, creek, and lily ponds and of course, the outdoor Labyrinth Park. Fees will be reasonable and proportioned to the event taking place. The Labyrinth Park was established in 1998 and has had thousands of visitors since then, providing sanctuary and peace. The Pavilion shelter has been a long time coming. Let us make its time now! Thank you for reading and spreading the word and participating in our dream.
In May 2019 we began building our Earth Bag Pavilion
The Center is 36 feet in diameter and built with mixed medium including EarthBag Foundation and Earth Bag low walls with Screened windows and shutters. The Center is located between the ponds and the Welcome Center store and connected with ramps to the Welcome Center Gift Shop. Aand now have parking on two levels!
The 1,000 square foot building will provide the community with meeting and retreat space, glamping for those who prefer camping inside a structure, and much more. Though not completely finished, the energy inside the Pavilion is incredible. Sitting within earthen walls, with the breeze flowing through the widows (to be screened and shuttered once the cobbing is completed, brings a sense of peace and grounding. It’s purpose is becoming more clear as a perfect balance to the Labyrinth. We see the Pavilion being used by individuals for reflection and meditation, by groups for family gatherings, weddings, and ceremony, by healers for Sound Healing experiences and concerts, and by groups for workshops, support groups, yoga and chi gong classes, and much more.
Even though we’ve had delays this year due to weather, finances and Covid 19, we look forward to offering this to our community in 2021.
Enjoy the Peace, Healing and Well Being the Otto Labyrinth Brings
The Labyrinth Park is special any time of the year! Come and enjoy the peace of the Labyrinth and Old Growth Faerie Forest from dawn to dusk all year long. In addition, if you have a group that would like to use this space for a retreat, or wedding or family reunion, just let us know. We’d be happy to share our land and resources. Enjoy the space!!!
Otto Labyrinth Park
43 Shambala Way
Otto, NC 28763
The Otto Labyrinth Park was open to the public in April 1998. It is made of 10 tons of stone and sits in a high energy spot with a creek on two sides, a pond on the third and a hillside of mountain laurel above.
Visit our Labyrinth Page for more photos and information!
Visit Foundation for Well Being.org to make your annual donation to support and enhance the Labyrinth Park experience for everyone! Click on the link provided to make your tax deductible donation using PayPal to keep the Park beautiful for all in 2019! If you wish to donate by check, mail your check to the address above!
Or use the PayPal button below to donate to the Park
Jill teaches this one on one course customized to your unique training and instructional situation. In CFAL, Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning, you learn How to Teach, What you Teach. We provide one on one feedback as you learn the skills to develop your in person or on-line training course. Without the Knowledge, Skills and Mindsets, in person and online training become nothing more than show and tell. Create or expand upon a course you teach, ensuring your Adult Learners gain the skills they need from your training, whether its for a work or personal growth.
Jill’s new book, Well-Being, will be published by the end of 2022. Soon after we will resume these Workshops on Meditation, Chakra Balancing and Polarity Energy Balancing with author Dr. Jill Henry. Well0Being is an intensive workshop that will provide you with practical skills for Energy Balancing and Healing. The workshop gives you the knowledge and practice you need to make a real difference in your life and the lives of those around you.
Based on Dr. Jill Henry’s Well-Being book, participants will be guided through in-depth study of 3 major Energy sources – Meditation, Chakras, & Polarity. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of experience, from the novice in Energy Healing to Massage Therapists, Energy Workers and Body Workers.
Join us in bringing Well Being into your life!
Note: Live workshops will begin again after the Pavilion is complete by the end of 2022
6:30 pm Registration & Pre-Test
7:00 pm Welcome & Expectations
7:30 pm Meditation as a Tool for Action
9:00 pm Adjourn with optional slumber party in the Pavilion (bring weather appropriate gear)
8:45 am Chakra Energy
10:45 am Break
11:00 am Polarity Energy Balancing
11:45 am Lunch (on your own)
optional Otto Labyrinth Walk
1:00 pm Polarity Energy Balancing (cont.)
3 pm Post-test and Adjourn
2022 Dates to be Determined
Tuition including handouts $175.00
For Info or to be placed on a contact list: Mountain Valley Center, 43 Shambala Way, Otto, NC, 28763
Phone: 828-369-5698 Toll Free: 1-888-773-2491
Dr Jill Henry offers private instruction in Meditation, Chakra Balancing, Polarity Energy Balancing, and Feng shui based on her international, award winning Energy SourceBook – The Fundamentals of Personal Energy and newly revised Well-Being. You are invited to spend a day, or a week learning how to balance body/mind/spirit energy through meditation, chakra bala
Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning
About Dr. Jill Henry
It all began with my dissertation at the University of Georgia in 1988 titled: Development and Learning for Transformation. After being awarded my doctoral degree, I left my position as a tenured professor of Physical Therapy at the Medical College of Georgia and opened up a metaphysical store (the only one) in Augusta, Georgia called The Relaxation Station. Here I spent the next 6 years learning the practice of metaphysics with over 100 different instructors who taught at “The Station”. In 1994 I moved to the mountains and In 2004 I submitted a manuscript to Llewellyn Worldwide, who “bought” my book, titled: Energy Sourcebook, the Fundamentals of Personal Energy. My book won the prestigious COVR award for best in Alternative Medicine in 2005 and has since been translated into 4 languages across the world. I continue to work part time as a physical therapist and up until now my schedule has kept me from my first love, teaching & learning & sharing with others. I hope you join me in this series of workshops! Dr. Jill Henry – Qualifications