Polarity Therapy Sessions
During my first 30 years as a Physical Therapist, I was always referred to as “the gentle one”. In a world of “no pain, no gain”, being called the gentle one was not a compliment. However, my patients did get better faster than average! During the last 15 years I found my true calling. Energy does not require force, only understanding. I become certified in Polarity Therapy as an Associate Polarity Practitioner and Completed CranioSacral Therapy courses including; CS1, CS2, DDCSP, and UMAC1.
Polarity Therapy was founded by Dr. Randolph Stone, D.O.
Using gentle touch and nutritional guidance, the Elemental Energies of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Ether that move through us 24/7 can become in balance. When in balance, these energies provide us with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. When out of balance, these energies can overpower each other and may result in dis-ease of body, mind and spirit. Change the Energy, the Form must Follow
CranioSacral Therapy was founded by Dr. John E. Upledger, D.O.
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance. It was pioneered and developed by Osteopathic Physician John E. Upledger after years of clinical testing and research. Offer the body an “invitation” to gently restore Function, and balance is achieved
My Polarity Practice is greatly influenced by the theories of these 2 physicians and by my work in Physical Therapy, CranioSacral Therapy, Chi Gong and Meditation. I believe that all healing is Self Healing, and that Self Healing occurs in an environment of gentleness and compassion. I look forward to being of service in your path to Wellness.
One hour sessions are $65.00 and provided at the Otto Labyrinth Park, 43 Shambala Way, Otto, NC 28763. Make an appointment by calling 828-369-5698,
The Otto Labyrint Park is 3 miles north of Dillard, GA and 7 miles south of Franklin, NC. Just off US441, approx 1/2 way between Atlanta, GA and Asheville NC
Description of a Polarity Therapy Energy Session
Polarity Therapy Sessions are provided by Dr. Jill Henry, EdD, PT, APP in the Otto Labyrinth Park Welcome Center in Otto, NC. We are located half way between Atlanta, GA and Asheville, NC in the Great Smoky Mountains.
During a session, you remain fully clothed and lie on an Amethyst Infrared Biomat on a massage table. Dr Jill may do one of all of the following:
- Listen with her hands to the craniosacral rhythm of your body
- Use gentle touch to facilitate still point energy releases and return to balanced rhythmic function
- Touch and press and find! tender points on your body, particularly the head, neck, shoulders, back, feet and hands. Gentle pressure is applied to each tender spot and its corresponding reflex area until the tension releases and the tissues relax. By gentle hand contacts, the Dr. Jill assists your body in the release of energy flows in specific areas, similar to unblocking a water pipe filled with leaves. Once the flow is restored, the body’s own healing properties become more effective.
The results of releasing tension in this comprehensive way are feelings of profound relaxation and well being at the conclusion of treatment. These feelings have been known to last for weeks or months even after just one session.
You may also be given a gentle polarity exercise home program or instruction in nutrition or meditation. . Exercises often include self-massage and gentle positioning to relieve stress and tension.
Dr. Jill Henry is the owner of Mountain Valley Center and the Otto Labyrinth Park. Formerly an Associate Professor of Physical Therapy at the Medical College of Georgia, Jill opened Augusta, Georgia’s first Metaphysical Center in 1988. She moved to the NC Mountains in 1994. Dr. JIll practices Polarity Therapy and provides workshops at Mountain Valley Center in Otto, North Carolina. She has successfully treated clients with a wide range of problems, from fibromalagia to frozen shoulders, from carcinoma to simple stress relief and pain cessation. Some of her clients are local, many come from surrounding areas, including Atlanta and Asheville.
Learn more and visit Jill online at MountainValleyCenter.com, in person at the Otto Labyrinth Park (est 1998), or on Facebook at MountainValleyCenter.
- A one hour Polarity session is $65.00
Schedule your appointment by calling Toll Free at 888-773-2491
Jill’s sessions may with support your self healing in the following conditions.
Polarity Therapy techniques are useful for:
- Chronic neck, shoulder, back pain
- Headaches and sinus problems
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Anxiety Disorders and Panic Attacks
- Frail elderly who lack energy
- General complaints of “not feeling well” for a long time (though no medical diagnosis can be made)
- Health oriented persons who want to remain healthy
- People with chronic colds, flu, and other indications of immune system depression
- People with chronic gas, constipation, bloating
- Sometimes helpful in arthritis pain relief
- Any condition in which stress appears a relevant factor
A CranioSacral Therapy approach may be useful for:
- Migraines and Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Stress and Tension-Related Disorders
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Infant and Childhood Disorders
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Fatigue
- TMJ Syndrome
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Orthopedic Problems
For more Information about Polarity Therapy visit:
American Polarity Therapy Association
Several years ago I had the pleasure and honot to be a member of the Board of Directors of this organization. I found everyone I met to be delightful healers holding high standards for the professions. Visit this Official information site from the American Polarity Therapy Associationto find a practitioner or training near you.
Colorado School of Energy Studies. CSES is the only Polarity and Craniosacral training center in North America with faculty fully trained in three complementary systems:1) Traditional Polarity Therapy – based on the APTA Standards for Practice. John and Anna Chitty are well-established teachers with extensive experience beginning in 1980. 2) Craniosacral Therapy – based on the work of Franklyn Sills, RPP, RCST 3) Trauma Resolution – based on the work of Peter Levine, PhD.
And look for my new book. Well-Being coming out late 2022.
In 2004 Llewellyn Worldwide published my first book, Energy SourceBook, the Fundamentals of Personal Energy. This is a self help book that includes sections on Meditation, Polarity Therapy, Chakra Balancing and Feng Shui. This book has been revised and will be published by the end of this year with a new title: Well-Being.