Feel the Flow Energy SourceBook Workshop for Meditation, Chakra Balancing and Polarity Energy Balancing with author Dr. Jill Henry. Feel the Flow is an intensive workshop that will provide you with practical skills for Energy Balancing and Healing. The full day workshop gives you the knowledge and practice you need to make a real difference in your life and the lives of those around you.
Based on Dr. Jill Henry’s Energy SourceBook – The Fundamentals of Personal Energy, participants will be guided through in-depth study of 3 major Energy sources – Meditation, Chakras, & Polarity. This workshop is appropriate for all levels of experience, from the novice in Energy Healing to Massage Therapists, Energy Workers and Body Workers.
Join us in Feeling the Flow of Source Energy in your life! **To provide the optimal experience, this workshop is designed for 4 participants**
You are constantly flowing energy – physical energy, emotional energy, and mental energy. You are probably aware of differences in energy levels in yourself and in your patients and clients, but may not be aware of what to do about it. Traditional medical practice is based upon a Newtonian physics that insists that energy is not real because it has no form or substance.
Currently, leading physicians such as Dr. Deepak Chopra and Dr. Andrew Weil are proposing an energy component of healing based upon Einstein’s Quantum physics. Quantum physics states that a particle can become a wave, and a wave a particle; that, in fact, the basis of the human body is energy, not matter. This research, and practical work, are often referred to as “holistic medicine” or “energy medicine”. This new paradigm has great implications for health care and healing.
The purpose of private instruction is to introduce you to a variety of holistic energy healing techniques in order to increase your efficacy in health care and healing. Jill’s instruction includes the review and practice both ancient and modern healing techniques. Or explore Chakras (an ancient term for spinning wheels of energy). The energy associated with Chakras represents physical, emotional and developmental issues associated with dis-ease. You will experience your own chakra energy and judge for yourself its reality and validity. Other instruction focuses on the work of Dr. Randolph Stone, DO, DC, founder of Polarity Therapy. Polarity energy balancing evolves from the same Osteopathic roots as Myofacial Releasing, Craniosacral Balancing, and other once called “esoteric” techniques that have therapists using them in numbers. During the Polarity energy balancing session, you will look at energy connections between body structures and location, and learn how to release deep held muscle tension with gentle, massage techniques and hand placements. In Meditation Instruction you will learn simple meditation practices that reduce muscle pain and tension and increase vitality and concentration will be reviewed. You will have the opportunity to practice techniques and develop a personal plan for stress reduction that can also be offered to your patients and clients.
The goal is for you to learn how to direct these energy flows to achieve therapeutic benefits for yourself and the patients, clients and family that you work with. Energy techniques must be used appropriately in the practice of health care and the healing arts. They must compliment and enhance traditional methods of care. By the completion these private sessions, you will have acquired the theory, knowledge, and practice to enhance your skills in a balanced and integrated way.
Meditation as a Tool for action
For years meditation has been associated with mystical or religious traditions. Yet the basics of meditation transcend religion and are in fact tools for mental clarity, healing, and growth. This session will provide participants with research and theory exploring 3 major forms of meditation: Concentration, Contemplation, and Mindfulness. Participants will learn basic meditation techniques for stress reduction, mental clarity, and creativity.
- Differentiate between the three major forms of meditation (Contemplation, Concentration, and Mindfulness) with respect to process and outcome.
- Participate in all three types of meditation.
- Develop a plan to use workshop information in both professional and personal practice.
Exploring the Chakras
Chakra, a Sanskrit term for “spinning wheel of energy”, describes specific energy locations in the body/mind/spirit. These places where finer energy infuses matter contain the keys to our physical, mental, and spiritual well being. One of the most valuable works you can do in this new century is to learn how to care for your chakra energy. In this session we will explore the implications of each chakra for health care and practice techniques for releasing negativity and inviting the full flow of chakra energy into our lives.
- Define the term chakra, from origin to current modern usage.
- Perform a chakra assessment using tools including computer biofeedback and pendulum dowsing.
- Differentiate the 7 major chakra centers with respect to emotional issues, physical issues, and adult developmental issues.
- 4. Participate in a guided imagery session to expand and clear chakra energy in selected locations.
Polarity Therapy, developed by Dr. Randolph Stone, D.C., D.O., (1890-1981), is a comprehensive system of balancing body/mind/spirit energies through gentle touch, nutrition, exercise, and counseling . In this session we explore the 5 basic mind-body types (Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether) and discover ways to balance each element using diet, exercise, touch, and meditation.
- Describe the relationship of the 5 Elements (Ether, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth) to the chakra centers and to body structures.
- Identify nutritional needs and meditative practices to balance each of the 5 elements
- Identify the major positive, negative, and neutral poles on the body.
- Perform general energy balancing techniques by integrating information about the 5 elements with information about body polarity.
Your Instructor – Jill N. Henry, EdD
During the 1980’s, Dr. Jill Henry, EdD, PT, APP traveled across the United States and Canada teaching academic and clinical teachers how to teach. She published 5 major articles on the teaching/learning process in referred professional journals. She was an educational consultant for the American Physical Therapy Association, planning national teacher training events. She also consulted with Richmond County. GA public schools on “Training the Trainer” programs and was a key player in corporate training programs offered by the Augusta Georgia Chamber of Commerce. Since moving to the mountains, teaching and presenting with efficacy remains a passion for Jill. There are basic skills that anyone can easily learn to improve their workshops and presentations. Complete this on-line course and receive your certificate as a Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning
Jill Newman Henry. EdD, PT, APP
Mission – To explore, facilitate, and advance Well Being in individuals and organizations.
- University of Georgia, 1985-1988, Ed.D. Adult Education
- “Medical College of Georgia, 1977-1980, M.H.Ed Health Education
- The Ohio State University, 1968-1972, B.S. Physical Therapy
- 2020 – present – Coordinator for Mountain Light Network
- 2017 – present – Developer and Facilitator of online Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning course.
- 2017 – present- Web Designer for Web Advertising and Education, Mountain Valley Center.com
- 2004-Present: Practicing Polarity Therapist with CranioSacral subspeciality at Mountain Valley Center.com
- 1998 to present: Owner and Operator of Mountain Valley Center.com and the Otto Labyrinth Park, Otto, NC
- 2014 to 2019: Part Time, Saturday and PRN Physical Therapist Mountain Lakes Medical Center, Clayton, GA
- 2012-2014 – PRN Weekend Physical Therapist at Habersham County Medical Center.
- November 2010 to May 2012: Contract Physical Therapist at Mountain Lakes Medical Center to build and provide therapy services for both in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation, Clayton, GA
- August, 2008 to March, 2010 Part time/prn Contract Home Care Physical Therapist, Habersham County Medical Center, Habersham, GA Home Care in Rabun County, GA
- 2008-2010 Board of Directors, American Polarity Therapy Association
- May- August 2008 Staff Physical Therapist, Mountain View Skilled Nursing Facility, Clayton, GA
- 2004 – Author and Director for online course – Certified Facilitator of Adult Learning.
- 2004 Author, Energy SourceBook: The Fundamentals of Personal Energy (Llewellyn Worldwide Publishers) Energy SourceBook has been translated into 3 languages and received a nationwide award as one of best books in alternative health in 2005.
- 2000-2005 Evaluation Consultant: AGElink – Advancing Geriatric Education through Community Linkage: Dept. of Health and Human Services 1-D37-HP-00782-10 administered through Medical University of South Carolina. Charleston, SC
- 1997 – 1999 Grant Consultant. Administered through Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA., This 3 year grant, Multidisciplinary Instructional Modules (MIMS). Bureau of Health Professions Grant #1D37 AH 00542 involves the creation of teaching modules for faculty in Allied Health in areas of ethics, home health and hospice, prevention, geriatrics, rural health care, cultural differences and current issues.
- 1997 Physical Therapist, American Therapy Services, Britthaven of Franklin
- 1994 – 1996 Physical Therapist, Ridgecrest Hospital and Mountain Home Health, Clayton, GA. Home Health involved 4 Counties in North Georgi – Towns, Union, White, and Rabun.
- 1993 – 1994 Physical Therapist, Nova Care (specializing in Geriatric Rehabilitation), Augusta, GA
- 1989 – 1994 Owner, Resources for Well Being and The Relaxation Station. Provided Consultation in Total Quality Management to Augusta Business and Industry and Stress Management, Wellness consulting, meditation instruction to Augusta Community
- 1990-1991 Contract Consultant, School of Allied Health Sciences, Medical College of Georgia, Faculty Development Grant.
- 1989 – 1990 Faculty, Continuing Education Programs, Augusta College
- 1989 Consultant to Richmond County School Systems Board of Education
- 1986-1988 Director of Advanced Graduate Studies in Physical Therapy, Medical College of Georgia
- 1985 Promoted to Associate Professor, Medical College of Georgia
- 1984 Academic tenure awarded
- 1981-1988 Faculty, School of Graduate Studies, Medical College of Georgia.
- 1981-1988 Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, Medical College of Georgia and Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
- 1977-1981 Instructor, Department of Physical Therapy, School of Allied Health Sciences, Medical College of Georgia and Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
- 1976-1977 Assistant Chief, Physical Therapy Department, Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
- 1975 Contract Physical Therapist, Total Care Home Health Agency, Miami, Florida
- 1974-1976 Instructor, Physical Therapy Assistant Program, Miami-Dade Community College, Medical Center Campus, Miami, Florida.
- 1972-1974 Staff, Physical Therapist, Acting Assistant Supervisor (December 1972 – February 1974), Acting Supervisor (March – July l974), Physical Therapy Department, Parkway General Hospital, North Miami Beach, Florida.