Baqua Map Gift Guide
In Feng Shui (pronounced fung shway), "cures" are used to quickly re-direct chi (the invisible energy that affects our homes, businesses, and even our health and well being.
The Baqua Map on the left shows the 9 separate areas of energy and intention in Feng Shui. Baqua means 8-sided and is pictured as an octagonal shape. You may superimpose the map over any floor plan of a home, room, or office to see what areas need attention.
In arranging a room, 9 areas are noted to be of special significance. The following table, also known as a Baqua Map, illustrates the relationship of areas in a room (or home) in relation to the room's Main Entrance. Imagine dividing your room (home, office) into the following 9 areas.
When an environment cannot be changed to the ideal energy movement, "Cures" are used. Below is a listing of cures, followed by products used in most cures.
- The Basic Cures used to stimulate positive energy "Chi" and redirect negative energy
- Bright Objects: Mirrors, Faceted Crystal balls, gems, lights, candles
- Sounds: Windchimes, bells, music
- Living Chi:Flowers, Plants, Birds, Fish
- Moving: Mobiles, Chimes, Fountains
- Heavy: Stone Sculptures, Furniture
- Mechanical:Computers, Stereos, TV
- Bamboo Flutes and banners
We have placed links to our website (underlined words) illustrating the ideal items to enhance the movement of energy or Chi within each location. Click on the item and you will go directly to it's product description on our website.
* Note: If using the Compass Method, disregard the "main entrance" and look at the room or building by Compass Directions.
Read more articles about Feng Shui in our Well Being Articles section on this website.